The mechina is a one-year program designed for newcomers and foreign students, high school graduates, who are not eligible for direct registration to Tel Aviv University.
Goals of the Mechina
- To bridge the gap between overseas and Israeli high schools study curricula.
- To familiarize students with Hebrew, the teaching language of the University.
- To provide intensive preparation for academic studies.
- To provide basic knowledge of Israel and Jewish History.
- To acquaint students with study tracks at the University.
- To provide accreditation that will enable students to pursue degree programs at the university.
Tel-Aviv University doesn't offer a Mechina program. The University accepts Mechina programs from Bar-Ilan University, Hebrew University or Technion.