Humanities - Graduate programs
THE LESTER AND SALLY ENTIN FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
This information is up to date 14.1.2018.
Fields of specialization for the MA degree and diploma studies
The two-year MA program aims to enhance the student’s knowledge in his chosen field, and to teach students scientific research methods.
Most MA programs offer both a 28-hour research track with a thesis requirement and a 36-hour theoretical (final exam) track. Students select their preferred track on admission. To register, candidates must submit the relevant documents regarding their education, together with form 22b entitled Special Form for MA Candidates at the Faculty of the Humanities to the Registration and Admissions Center.
The department Teaching Committee may require MA applicants with an undergraduate degree from a different field to successfully complete a cluster of supplementary courses.
MA studies are offered within the framework of the various Faculty Departments and Schools, in the following areas:
- Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Archaeology and Ancient Near Eastern Cultures
- Ancient Israel Studies
- Biblical Studies
- Child and Youth Culture Research
- Classics–Greece and Rome
- Cognitive Studies of Language Use
- Culture Research
- East Asian Studies
- English and American Studies
- French Culture
- Gender Studies
- History [Classical History, The Middle Ages, Early Modern History (15th – 18th century), Europe in the Modern Period, , History of the United States, History of Latin America and an inter-university program in the history of Russia and Eastern Europe]
- Hebrew Language & Semitic Linguistics
- History of the Middle East & Africa
- History and Philosophy of Science and Ideas
- Jewish History
- Jewish Philosophy &Talmud
- Religious Studies
- Editing Studies Program (diploma studies)–Department of Hebrew Culture Studies
- Translation and Revision (diploma studies)–The Shirley and Leslie Porter School of Cultural Studies
Please note that The Department of Geography and the Human Environment is now based at the new School of Geosciences in the Faculty of Exact Sciences.